PRODUCT SELLING GUIDELINES
- Please do not sell directly from the aisles.
- Sales are not allowed during set-up, tear-down or outside show hours.
- All demonstrations and distribution of promotional materials must be confined to your booth space.
- Exhibits, including the operation of musical equipment, radios, sound motion picture equipment, public address systems or any noise making devices will not be permitted without approval from Show Management.
- We work educate our customers about the value of handmade, so we prohibit signage that offers items on at a sale or show special price. We will have special show branded signage to help you advertise different features of your product, available at the Badge Pick-Up Desk during move-in.
Contact Valérie Roy at 416-960-4514 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Any exhibitor wishing to sell or sample food at the One Of A Kind Show must review the Food Sales and Sampling Guidelines and complete the Food Sales and Sampling Application Form, and the Toronto Public Health Temporary Food Vendor Form found on that page.
Gift baskets can be a great idea, especially around the holiday season. But in order to uphold our mandate to showcase artisans and their work, we ask that you adhere to the following requirements if you would like to sell gift baskets at the show.
- The container can be any material, but would ideally be sourced from another artisan in the show.
- Looking for a specific item? Why not post to the Artisan Facebook Group for makers who want to collaborate.
- You may include one additional item that is not your product. This item must be supplied from another exhibitor at the show, if possible. Mass produced versions of items that can be purchased at the show may not be included, ex. ceramic mugs, tote bags, etc.
- Flavours exhibitor who would like to create food gift basket must collaborate with other exhibitors in the show, if available.
Some exhibitors are required to collect and remit 13% HST of the selling price of your products, and some are not. Make sure you know whether this applies to you or not here, and sign up for an HST number here, if needed. (Residents of other provinces can call this toll free number: 1-800-959-5525.)
The reasons for why some exhibitors charge HST and why some do not can be confusing for customers, so we encourage you to know the rules and have a quick line or sign ready to explain to customers why you do or dont. If you are experiencing issues with this, we would also encourage you to reach out to the CRA directly and see if there is any documentation they can provide to support you.
Please note that you must have your HST number available should a customer or a tax official request to see it.
The One Of A Kind Show will have a limited number of reusable shopping bags for sale through our website and onsite at the box office. If you wish to order and customize shopping bages for your own company you can contact the suppliers listed below for more information (each of these suppliers provide reusable packaging options).
If you wish to order and customize additional shopping bags for your own company, contact the suppliers listed below for more information (each of these suppliers provide reusable packaging options).
Progress LUV2PAK (not open to the public; you must bring your business license and vendor permit where applicable.)
20 Tangiers Rd., Toronto, ON
Tel. 416-638-1221 or 1-888-588-2725
1100 Lodestar Rd., Unit 1, Toronto, ON
Tel. 416-631-6444 or 1-800-263-1418
To further reduce the use of traditional plastic bags, please ask your customers if they need a bag before giving one out.
If you are a vendor of upholstered and stuffed articles (pillows and stuffed toys etc.) certain government regulations apply to you.
NEW! As of July 1, 2019, the Government of Ontario approved the revocation of the Upholstered and Stuffed Articles regulation under the Technical Standards and Safety Act, 2000. This means that The Upholstered and Stuffed Articles Program for Home Hobby/Craft Operators application no longer exists. However, upholstered and stuffed articles sold in Ontario continue to be subject to applicable federal legislation including the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act and the Textile Labelling Act. Ensure you are compliant by visiting this website for more information: https://www.tssa.org/en/upholstered-stuffed-articles/upholstered-and-stuffed-articles.aspx